Oct 31, 2009

Video: Garbage Children of Cebu, Philippines & link to Salesian Missions



Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6NHuggG6vU or click here

To help contact the Salesian Missions: http://www.salesianmissions.org/

Video Description:
The misery of those who bring up their children on the garbage tips is shocking. The sole ray of hope on this burning Phillipine garbage tip is the German priest, Heinz Kulüke. He is, in fact, a university professor of philosophy -- however his encounters with the garbage people have changed his life. He works tirelessly to help the garbage people, as well as the girls in Cebu's red light district.

2 comments:

christopher said...

I lived in Cebu for a few months and was charmed by the softness of the people and the beauty of the place. I saw some of these homes of garbage and much of the squalor brought on by extreme poverty. It's heartbreaking. And it's not the only place this exists; it's in every sizable city in the PI as well as almost all of SE Asia.

By the way, I want to thank you for the frequent reference you make to John Bosco. I've always known "about" him from the short bios you find on Catholic saint pages but I never had any depth of understanding of what his spirituality really was. When I recently came across a fifty year old book on him in a stack that was being discarded, I thought about some of the posts you've made and hastily snatched it up. I'm grateful I did. I wish his writings were required material for every seminarian.

Rick said...

Hi Christopher,
Thanks you for your feedback. I shall post most of St. John Bosco and the gift that God gave us through him. His way of holiness is so easy that many are in line for canonization and beautification.

The Salesian Missions is run by Don Bosco's religious order. St. John Bosco was so humble that he named his order The Society of St. Francis de Sales. Later it became the Salesians of Don Bosco, SDB.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive