Dec 25, 2009

Top 10 Quotes from those who voted for the healthcare bill


10.  SEN. MARY LANDRIEU (D-LA): “The Fact Of The Matter Is, And I Know People Don’t Believe This, But I Can’t Be Bought.”
9.  SEN. DICK DURBIN (D-IL): “The Establishment Of Social Security… I Remember Those Days.”  “It is a step consistent with the establishment of Social Security, which finally took the worry away from seniors and their families about what would happen to grandma and grandpa when they stopped working. I remember those days.”   (Fact Check:  Social Security passed in 1935. Durbin was born in 1944.)
8.  SEN. BEN NELSON (D-NE): “My Vote Is Not For Sale Period.”
7.  SEN. TOM HARKIN (D-IA): “I Have Said Many Times That The Two Biggest Winners Under Our Health Care Reform Bill Are Small Businesses And The Self-Employed.”  ( Only if you consider the 111 new federal agencies created by this bill as small business)
6.  SEN. MAX BAUCUS (D-MT): “I Can’t Do The Correct Math.”
5.  SEN. BERNIE SANDERS (I-VT): “The Insurance Companies Are Going To Make Out Like Bandits. The Drug Companies Are Going To Make Out Like Bandits… No Question About That. This Is Not A Strong Bill.”
4.  SEN. KENT CONRAD (D-ND) On The CLASS Act: “‘A Ponzi Scheme Of The First Order, The Kind Of Thing That Bernie Madoff Would Have Been Proud Of,’ And He Vowed To Block Its Inclusion In The Senate Bill.”
3.  SEN. ROLAND BURRIS (D-IL): If “It Does Not Have A Public Option In It, I Will Not Vote For It."
2.  SEN. DICK DURBIN (D-IL): “I Would Say To The Senator From Arizona, That I’m In The Dark Almost As Much As He Is. And I’m In The Leadership.”
1.  SEN. HARRY REID (D-NV): “If They Don’t Have Something In It Important To Them Then It Doesn’t Speak Well Of Them.”
(H/T from http://blogs.dailymail.com/donsurber/archives/6529)

No comments:

Popular Posts

Blog Archive