Sep 13, 2011

To a Western Christian

Listen Christian.

I was hungry because as a non-Muslim I can only collect trash, so you blogged about me and discussed my hunger.  Thank you.

I was accused of blasphemy and imprisoned so, you added a petition for my release in the prayer of the faithful.  Thank you.

I was raped to force my conversion and my naked body was exposed in YouTube and in your mind you debated the morality my appearance on the video.  Thank you.

I was sick and you appreciated your blessings,  knelt and thanked God for your health.  Thank you.

I was expelled from my village and you preached to me about the spiritual shelter of the love of God.  Thank you.

I was lonely and you left me alone to pray for me.  Thank you.

Christian, you seem so holy;  so close to God.  But I am still very hungry, and lonely, and cold...  And I thank you.

( Adapted from "Listen Christian!" by Bob Rowland  )

The directives in Matthew 25:35-36 are easily ignored as inconvenient teachings in Christianity.

No comments:

Popular Posts

Blog Archive